It is no doubt that a website needs security and backup. We need to take precautionary measures to protect the data of our website. This is because we don’t know when our website got affected by some external conditions like virus attacks, malware attacks, hacks, OS failure, system crash etc. If such a condition occurs and if we don’t have a backup, then it will lead to serious problems. It’s time to start thinking about things differently when it comes to website backups.
What Happened If You Don’t Have Backup For Your Site?
Here are some examples of what can happen if you don’t back up your website, and many of these actually happened.
- By accident you have deleted or pruned the wrong section of your message forum.
- A hacker inserted malicious code on all your websites pages and you need to roll back to the previous good version.
- You or your webmaster forgot to save your blogs database when saving the files and now you no longer can access your old site.
- You work with several people at the same time on the site. They accidentally overwrote your work and you didn’t save a copy of the page.
- You have upgraded software or scripts and it is not working so you need to get your site back to the way it was last night before the changes.
- Your web host holds your site or domain captive. Pending your dispute, you need to setup your site all over again even in another place and domain.
- Your website gets hacked and everything was deleted. While not everything was deleted, it was a large enough chunk. Also, in those early days, I had just learned to edit websites live and had no copy on my hard drive.
- Some web hosts will keep backups but there is no way to be sure they will have what you need, when you need it. If you need to restore your site and its database and you come to know that your web host provider only has the backup of few days ago before the problem occurred and two for after the problem occurred. This was disappointing because you had to go with the oldest one and lose a few days of content.
- While moving web hosts, due to a misunderstanding, the old account was cancelled and deleted too early.
In order to secure your site from these entire situations, you need to have a backup of your site. It is the best and recommended option for the website users. The best way to secure your site is to backup it with Draas. This is a backup solution that allows you to make full backup of your site. It doesn’t matter how well you know about your website, it is important to have a backup of your site. If you want to secure your site and its data from potential risks the best way is to have a backup for your site.