There are certain things in the website design that needs more attention and focus than just the designing part. Through the website, you often try to approach the users in order to achieve some of your business objectives like spreading awareness about your business brand, generating leads through interaction conversion, etc. Right now, the internet is full of websites and in that case, if you are thinking of launching your website, then it better be full of potential that can satisfy user experience through better usability, i.e., easy to use and enhance the user interaction with the website.
There are following tips which can help in enhancing the user experience in website design framework with greater usability factor
- A simplified version of web Designing: Users often visits any website because they want to gather some relevant information. Their prime focus is on the specific content they are looking for and secondly, they focus on the look and feel of the website. Sometimes designers in order to enhance the website experience, they add too much component on it which in result makes the user experience less enjoyable and too hard to look for specific information set. Thus, their accomplishments remain unachieved. Non-functional elements are bad for website design. In order to achieve greater user experience satisfaction and better usability factor, then simplified designing approach is to be followed rather than enhancing the complexities. There are many ways by which deploying the useful components in more simple ways can let you to your design accomplishments.
- Go easy with the colors. Don’t use too many of them.
- Different sizes of typefaces should be used in designs which are liable to use.
- Using graphics in design should be sound functional when they help user accomplishing the task.
- Setting up the hierarchy of the website elements for more visuality: Hierarchical components are the important feature of website design that can’t be ignored. The arrangement and organization capability of components at the appropriate location in the design entails the simplicity of design and improves the gravitation of usability. The optimization of the user experience can bring the accomplishment of user’s desired task to come into action more naturally. With the right positioning of color and size, the structuring ability of site should manage to draw the attention of visitors at the first attempt. The setting up of the hierarchy can be a visual challenge and can maximize the user experience by folds.
- Navigation credibility of design: Intuitively establishing the navigation on the website can be one of the important tasks that require focus and that can help in defining the right User experience criteria. The extensibility of the website design should not let the user get confused and not being able to figure out where to click for proceeding. Few guidelines to be followed in the optimization of the navigational ability of the website.
- The overall navigation of the design should be simplified.
- The footer part of the website should have comprised of proper navigation
- Small intimations to be added that can help the user in proper navigation
- The clear predicament of search links inside the webpage
- Maintaining the consistency throughout in the design: Every aspect of site design should be consistent and maintained throughout the site pages. Every component, right from color to writing style has a very clear steer impact on usability factor as well as on the user experience. The right layout should positively be maintained throughout the website pages. You can create a template based on which you can cast specific pages into the distinguished Consistency in layout can help the users to understand the standpoint of website content. It is very important for UX web design.
- Setting up the compatibility criteria: Whether the user opens the site on any device like mobile phone, tablets, laptop, etc. the interface should be compatible and provides a true user experience. The user accessibility should be applied by using a responsive design layout which can be a high level of investment in the structure. This will help in achieving the flexibility and automatically adjusts the content size to be fit in the dimension of the browser. For convenience, you can provide an alternate name to the image so that user can easily access the images. The end result should be achieved on all platforms with the true user experience.
- Following web design conventions: There are a lot many examples on the internet with which designers are familiar, and these conventions are being followed increasingly while setting up the website layout. They can be followed as:
- The main navigation system should either be on top or the left.
- Logo positioned either at left or center of the page.
- The logo should be clickable with correct homepage link attached.
- On hover, link color should get changed.
Applying the right set of conventions can help visitors understand the website design and wouldn’t leave the room for confusion.
- Familiarizing the user with design credibility: User often like visiting the website which has a familiar design layout and applied conventionality. Such sites acquire more credibility and provide the maximum user experience. Don’t create a fuss about the website content if not displayed properly. A user likes to view content details on topmost pages and hates digging the page in search of some specific information. Your design layout if properly executed can get you loads of credibility else user may never step at your site door.
- The user-centered approach followed in the website: If the website is taking care of user preferences and is tacitly designed on focusing the user experience, then it can draw maximum user attention and can help in enhancing the experience.
Website design and User experience must go hand in hand. User experience is what makes the website achievement and increases the business in the market. There are millions of websites, but only some websites have the potential to gain credibility from the user. Following the tips and guidelines can definitely help in developing the best website.